What We Do
Barlby and Osgodby Parish lies to the north of Selby in the County of North Yorkshire. The Council changed status from a Parish to a Town Council on 30th July 2014 to reflect the range of services available to local residents.
Services include the management of :
- 4 Play Areas at - Hilltop known locally as Wainhomes and Riverside Close/Peartree Close (Barlby), Bungalow Road (Barlby Bridge) and South Duffield Road (Osgodby) *
- 3 Playing Fields at - Wainhomes, Bungalow Road and South Duffield Road
- 2 Village 'Greens' at Maple Tree Avenue and Pindars Way (Barlby)
- Allotments at St Leonards Avenue (Osgodby)
- Nature Conservation Sites (approx 50 acres) at - Barlby Woodland and Wildflower Meadow and Barlby Ponds (Barlby), the Old Railway Walk and Osgodby Pond (Osgodby)
- Fences and hedges, gates and paths on, or adjoining, Council land
- Grass cutting within the 30 mph zone
- Street furniture including bins, dog bins, seats and Notice Boards
- Street Lights - see Street lighting section for list of Parish maintained streets
- Christmas Lights from 1st December at Barlby Road (Barlby Bridge), York Road and East View (Barlby) and Sand Lane/Cliffe Road (Osgodby)
- Fun Day - 7th September 2019
- Support for local Community Groups
- Support for local Community Events
- Produce a quarterly Parish Magazine
- Respond to consultations
- Memorial Garden
- Produce and monitor a Community Emergency Plan
- Formulate policies - e.g. replacement of street furniture
- Projects - e.g. upgrading Play Equipment
- Respond to Planning Consultations and Planning applications (the Town Council makes comments, but does not approve or refuse applications)
Barlby Library and Community Hub (housing the Community run Library) which as well as being the new venue for Council Meetings, exhibitions and events is available for Community groups to hire.
River View Play Area has been closed and will be re-developed as part of the Barley Fields housing estate. Any queries about the old Play Area or the proposed new Play Area should be directed to David Wilson Homes.
Sycamore Road Playing Field and Toddler site are now maintained by Selby District Council.