Header Image for Barlby & Osgodby Town Council

What We Do

Barlby and Osgodby Parish lies to the north of Selby in the County of North Yorkshire. The Council changed status from a Parish to a Town Council on 30th July 2014 to reflect the range of services available to local residents. Services include the management of  :

  • 6 Play Areas at - Hilltop known locally as Wainhomes, Riverside Close/Peartree Close, Sycamore Road and River View (Barlby), Bungalow Road (Barlby Bridge) and South Duffield Road (Osgodby)
  • 3 Playing Fields at - Wainhomes, Bungalow Road and South Duffield Road
  • 2 Village 'Greens' at Maple Tree Avenue and Pindars Way (Barlby) 
  • Allotments  at St Leonards Avenue (Osgodby)
  • Nature Conservation Sites (approx 50 acres) at - Barlby Woodland and Wildflower Meadow and Barlby Ponds (Barlby), the Old Railway Walk and Osgodby Pond (Osgodby) in addition to miles of fences and hedges, gates and paths 
  • Grass cutting within the 30 mph zone 
  • Street furniture including bins, dog bins, seats and Notice Boards and a significant stock of Street lighting columns
  • Christmas Lights from 1st December at Barlby Road (Barlby Bridge), York Road and East View (Barlby) and Sand Lane/Cliffe Road (Osgodby)
  • Fun Day in September
  • Support for local Community Groups and Events 
  • Produce a quarterly Parish Magazine
  • Respond to consultations
  • Produce and monitor a Community Emergency Plan
  • Produce policies - producing a new Emergency Plan for the Parish
  • Respond to Planning Consultations and Planning applications                                     (the Town Council makes comments, but does not approve or refuse applications)

Barlby Library and Community Hub (housing the Community run Library) which as well as being the new venue for Council Meetings, exhibitions and events is available for Community groups to hire